Here are my Top 5 animal finds from MACNA 2013!
5. Colorado Sunburst Bubble Tip Anemone. This is an absolutely incredible Bubble Tip Anemone I found at Cherry Corals!
4. Rainbow Chalice. Here is a very nice Rainbow Chalice Colony from Unique Corals. It reminded me of their Jekyll and Hyde Chalice they released a bit ago. This colony was easily 6" long and about 5" wide.
3. Insane Rainbow Acan Colony. This rainbow colony of Acanthastrea Lordhowensis was beautiful. I took this photo early on Day 1 so unfortunately it was open all the way, but its colors were incredible.
2. Wrought Iron Butterfly Fish. This fish comes from Japan and is quite rare. This is the first one I've ever seen in person and is the Holy Grail for Butterfly Fish collectors.
1. Captive Bred Chain Cat Shark from ReefGen. These sharks are found in very deep water, and are usually only found when accidentally hauled from the deep. ReefGen was able to acquire 3 pairs, and were able to get them to breed. These sharks look amazing, and also only grow to about 18-24 inches. They are practically the perfect aquarium shark. They demand a premium price at roughly $1,000.
I hope everyone enjoyed my animal finds at MACNA! Feel free to comment below.
Also be sure to check out my blog post highlighting my 3 favorites gear finds from each day of the show.
Day 1 Favorite Products
Day 2 Favorite Products
David @ ReefGeek.